Monday, November 21, 2011

Angry letter DRAFT


Branson Monico                                                                                                           
Honolulu, HI 96819
November 21, 2011

LN Hair Styling     
1284 Kalani St
Honolulu, HI 96817

Dear LN Owner,
My Family have been customers of yours for about 6 months. Your service and prices are competitive, and you offer a wide array of stylish haircuts and customize service that other companies don’t offer. 
However, I would like to bring to your attention my disappointment at your business on my last visit. I had arrived with my Father at around 5:30pm with about 10 people ahead of me, many of whom were outside your store sitting on chairs provided by you due to the overflow. I understand that you have 8 hairstylists and each have their own patrons that are regulars. But, I am upset because it appears as though I was about the 6th one in line. As the hours ticked by, more people arrive who weren’t there when I came in. I assumed they may have been there before but came back instead of waiting.
I am terribly upset because I had to wait till around 8:30pm past your closing time before it was my turn. I kept thinking that it is not good business to keep your customers guessing when is it their turn in line. After waiting almost 3 hours for a haircut, I was finally done when my Father came in to pay with a bank card only to be told the credit card reader is closed at 9pm. He had to go to 7-11 to get more cash.
Through all this, I am very satisfied with the haircut I receive from you. One of your workers even apologized about the bank card machine being closed.  Your prices are reasonable for the customized hairstyling service.
I recommend a ticket counter with tickets for your customers so they would know their turn in line. This way they could make a decision to wait or to come back another time.

Sincerely,

Branson D. Monico

2 comments:

  1. Hi Branson! So, as I said in class, I really like your essay. I think that your disagreement was made very obvious.
    But, make sure that you proofread your essay before you submit your final. I found a few errors, such as "i am very satisfied with the haircut I recieve from you" *recieve should be received
    Also, when you explain your bad experience at the hairdresser itself, it fets a bit confusing about what happened and how it caused you to be angry. (of course the next paragraph explains it, but the first impression was confusing) I would suggest that you link the sentences to explain that you were the 6th in line, yet newer people seemed to surpass you. Other than that, I felt that your letter was very developed. You used a very professional bank of words that fit the letter.
    -leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Branson!
    You really have a great essay here! As what Leah said, you should proofread the whole essay. You could fix your grammar a bit. I like how you really state your argument. You did really good. Fix your sentences some more. Add in a little more detail to your disagreements. I like your choice of word. You have improved. Great job!(:

    ReplyDelete