Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Icarus Journal #2

As the time when by and projects came in. I always wanted to have someone teach me how to really edit a video by myself on final cut pro. I looked at other students work and I think to myself, I can't compete with that. I didn't have the skill level to make it as good as others. I watched videos and I would look for good camera angles and shots to help me get better in media projects.

In the past I tested final cut pro by accident when I was filming my cousin and I and I wanted to try edit this video and see what I came out with. It took me at least four days but at the end it came out to be a decent video for me. I needed to be self motivated to do this and be willing to put in hard work. It inspired me to do more videos and learn more about final cut pro. I asked the older students to help me improve and teach me some easy step to use final cut pro. I looked up videos on youtube for tutorial to better myself. What I wanting to do is prove other people that I can make my own videos by myself and make my videos smooth, have good angles, good edits and no errors. 


Sources-
Youtube.com (final cut pro tutorials)
Final cut help (On final cut)
Experienced students that use final cut

1 comment:

  1. Hi Branson,
    It sounds like you are working on improving your skills. What you need, however, is more specifics on what you are actually learning. This journal is more like the first one, where you talk about your interest and your goal in the project.
    Journal 2 needs to reflect on specific ideas, techniques, strategies that you have learned in your research.
    Let me know if you have questions.
    mrs s

    ReplyDelete